SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?). But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working closely with the Central European Marketing team, Pillar Community teams (Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Relic, Amplitude, Sonic, Atlus and Searchlight) and various other key stakeholders the SEGA Community Marketing Manager will drive & implement the global community/social strategy for the SEGA brand. The holder of the position will also be a public voice for the SEGA brand, maintaining relationships directly with the end consumer.A certain amount of regular domestic and international travel will be required to attend & potentially organise consumer and community events of varying natures. The SEGA Community Marketing Manager will be expected to assume coordination of leadership for these trips and events, ensuring a smooth and well-organised experience all-round.In addition to strong planning and project scheduling skills, the role demands enthusiastic public relationship management as well as patient, professional and friendly communication skills and will serve an essential function in ensuring the SEGA brand is well-received by the public.
- Help establish an iconic and unparalleled brand voice and personality for the SEGA brand
- Be responsible for developing, refining and implementing the community & social strategy for the SEGA brand
- Take ownership for content updates to all SEGA brand social media networks and SEGA brand outposts. Ensure a high quality of engaging & emotive content is regularly delivered and implemented across all channels with a consistent tone and style
- Working closely with the Central European Marketing team, Pillar community teams and other key stakeholders as required, clearly defining an innovative and compelling SEGA brand community/social roadmap and ensuring regular & clear communication of all planned activity
- Understanding the individual Pillar communities, and working with the Pillar/brand community mangers to integrate a strategy that involves the SEGA brand social channels
- Working closely with the pillar community teams to host and lead a SEGA community summit, to share best practice, discuss and refine strategies
- Manage and maintain EU and where relevant global strategy on the SEGA brand social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etch,) and other official SEGA brand outposts (SEGA dotcom, forums etc.) Recommend and implement changes and optimisations of these channels as required ensuring global best practice
- Develop and own first party relationships across social media platforms to devise and deliver best practice ways of working. This should also include regular contact with the SEGA media agency.
- Run proactive social campaigns across priority social channels creating trend leading content that breaks through noise, instigates and leads conversation, and nurtures a strong emotional connection with SEGA
- Devise initiatives and generate original content, proactively seeking opportunities to grow and expand the reach of the SEGA brand community & social activities, driving engagement and interaction rates positively week on week
- Organise and manage SEGA-owned community events and/or identify relevant existing community events locally and/or overseas that the SEGA brand should participate in assuming responsibility for all parties involved either solo or in conjunction with SEGA PR managers and/or external agencies
- Report regularly on engagement, performance and other key metrics and advise on resultant best practice regarding marketing and PR/social communication
- Ensure that all activities are in line with budget management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The candidate will have perfect command of grammar, write persuasive and punchy ad copy and tell emotive brand stories – a true champion of the brand voice
- This position requires a balance of creative thinking, writing, branding, marketing and execution
- Previous experience of working within or closely with an globally-responsible digital/ community department for a major brand or games publisher is essential
- Current in-depth knowledge of the social media & digital marketing landscape and emergent trends is essential
- Strong understanding and vision of brand voice, especially in social media
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- Excellent event management and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public
- Current in-depth knowledge of the games industry is desirable, but not necessary
- Prior experience of dealing with outside licensors and studios is desirable
- Content management system/web development familiarity/knowledge desirable
- Willingness to travel when necessary both domestic and international
- Though not essential, additional European languages would be an advantage
Please click here to apply via the SEGA careers website.