City Pantry is at the forefront of transforming the way businesses view culture – helping companies work better by eating together. We believe that good food makes a great company, and that sharing a meal creates an environment where better communication, productivity and health are nourished.
After three years, we are growing and delivering thousands of meals each day across the heart of London to some of the world’s most exciting brands – Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, amongst many, many others. Working with the best independent chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in London, we give companies access to varied and exciting food providing an easy and reliable way to organise lunches, meetings and events.
We have the greatest subject matter to write about in food and drink, yet from this, so many blogs (us included in the past) produce dreary keyword based marketing.
We want to be different and the role is to help position City Pantry as the “Radio 4 of food in London” taking strange, new and informative angles on an age-old subject. We want to write about things that people want to read, things that are useful and enjoyable and it will be your job to bring this project to life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time position. Your responsibilities will be:
- Represent the brand across all of our communication channels
- Act as a gatekeeper for the tone of voice
- Work very closely with all teams within business on their copywriting needs
- Write, proofread and edit copy, including:
- Website copy
- Marketing and product update emails
- Blog posts
- Social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Any ad-hoc copy requests
- Help us develop content strategy, including the ownership of content schedule
- Great, compelling writer and love what you do
- Able to produce both quality and quantity and never run out of ideas
- Both creative and commercially minded
- Self-starter who actively looks for opportunities to generate engaging content
- Understand a difference between the content that people actually want to read vs what you think people want to read (is there one?)
- Have an interest in food that goes beyond what you like/dislike
- Bonus points: some online marketing experience
- Unlimited holiday
- Annual education allowance to continue learning
- Regular free lunch from one of our amazing vendors
- "Gin and learn" Fridays
- Office yoga classes
- Cool, fun and collaborative team and an office based in the heart of Shoreditch
Please click here to apply via the City Pantry careers website.