Deadline: 30th June 2014 @ 1pm
Salary: £8 per hour
An exciting opportunity to be involved in the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival 18–27 July. This is a short term 3 week post starting Monday 7 July until Sunday 27 July.
The Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival was established in 1978, and this year is bringing 140 concerts over 10 days to 10 venues across Edinburgh city centre.
- To provide key office support during the busiest period of the festival
- To implement the social media plan to engage followers and audiences throughout the festival
- To promote artists and upcoming gigs
- To update the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues website
- To upload photo and video content within short timescales
- Responsibility for print distribution throughout Edinburgh
- To assist with venue dressing
- To assist with Festival branding
- Any other duties as required
- Working as part of a team in a busy environment
- Social media marketing experience
- Proven ability to engage with social media and increase followers
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills including fluent written English
- A passion for live music
- Experience of writing about music
- Knowledge of Edinburgh music venues and locations within Edinburgh
- Festival/events experience
This role will involve weekend and evening working during the Festival. Applicants should be available to work throughout this 3 week period.
Please send a CV and covering letter (including 100 words on why you want the post) to Alison Barnett email@example.com by Monday 30 June 1:00pm