- To support the Peer Review Project Manager in the roll-out of ScholarOne Manuscripts™ to an agreed budgeted number of journals annually
- To support journals already using ScholarOne Manuscripts™ as and when queries arise
- To support Journals Editorial Department and Journals Production Department in Scholar One related queries
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Attends meetings with external and internal journal editors to demo and advise on ScholarOne Manuscripts™ in person and via web based training
- Assists in securing configuration requirements from editors
- Assists in site builds, walk through training and testing
- Assists in postlaunch support
- Manages and adheres to agreed implementation timelines and reports regularly on progress
This position will liaise closely with journals editorial and production departments, and globally with SAGE’s US office.
Degree of supervision
Commensurate with experience. The Journals Editorial Assistant/Assistant Editor will work very closely with the Online Project Manager, Peer Review and without the need for high levels of supervision.
Knowledge of journal peer review and submission systems, preferably Scholar One Manuscripts™ desirable but not essential
Computer literate, understanding of technical details.
Specific ScholarOne training shall be provided.
Pro-active, acts on own initiative, can juggle priorities, ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with both internal staff and external contacts essential
The pace of work is often high and requires working on a large number of activities simultaneously within tight time pressures.
The job may require occasional attendance at weekend conferences or meetings both within the UK and overseas and travel to Sage CA and Scholar One in Charlottsville, Virginia.
Please click here to apply via the SAGE careers website.