Salary: Paid Internship
NBCUniversal International is offering a 12-month Communications & Engagement internship position within the Operations & Technical Services business.
You will be supporting the SVP, International Operations & Technical services (O&TS) with the creation and implementation of a communication toolkit for the distribution of information to employees in O&TS. As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to your department and build your knowledge in order to pursue a career in communications or employee engagement.
- Creating a suite of communication tools for distribution through O&TS
- Developing a calender and regular rhythm for communication
- Ensuring all communication supports the overall Employee Engagement Strategy with various projects such as the employee engagement toolkit, launches and key events
- Designing and building an O&TS brand to include logos, PowerPoint templates and other collateral
- Assisting with design, formatting and animation of presentation decks for all events
- Identifying, collating and contributing material for distribution to the O&TS group e.g. regular newsletters and ad hoc announcements
- Assisting with management of our social media presence by designing, curating and scheduling content for various platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Acting as a photographer and videographer at events
- Providing support for planning and day-of logistics for events
- Providing admin support to the necessary Directors/VPs as required
Education and Qualifications
You will be currently studying or a recent graduate of a degree-level/equivalent course, specialising in Communications and Employee Engagement related subjects, seeking a 12 month internship.
- A passion for Broadcasting, Media and Technology with a desire to develop career in Employee Engagement or Communications
- Proactive and enthusiastic, able to work autonomously to deadlines, take initiative and keep calm under pressure
- Analytical with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise and manage workload; excellent proofreading skills
- Self-starter and fast learner, happy to work independently as well as collaboratively within a busy team
- Strong office administration and IT skills; Photoshop (essential), Illustrator (preferred), InDesign (preferred); confident user of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Knowledgeable across a range of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.)
- Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
- Willingness to learn and “can-do” attitude; creative flair and a talent for generating ideas
- Flexible and collaborative approach
- Awareness of events and current affairs in media industry
- Previous work experience in a similar environment
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship
- Fluent English is essential; additional languages may be useful
- The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Please click here to apply via the NBCUniversal careers website.