Please note in order to apply for this internship, a placement year should be a requirement of your current studies.
This placement will provide a valuable insight into the workings of a busy in-house fashion PR department and will give the candidate the opportunity to grow and build on their experience whilst working within the team. Working alongside the PR team both locally and globally, the PR intern works to deliver the smooth running of the press office and will provide support to the team on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in fashion and digital, a can-do attitude and an organised and methodical approach. Above all we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is eager to learn in a fast paced environment.
What you'll be doing...
- Overseeing the logging and tracking of PR samples using Fashion GPS
- Maintaining the upkeep and organisation of the PR sample room
- Monitoring media on a daily basis, logging and scanning coverage received
- Assist the team with daily sample orders
- Manage a system for the continuous flow and logging of returns
- Assist the showroom co-ordinator with daily product send outs
- Supporting the PR team with events and launches throughout the season
- Maintain an organised and updated PR image gallery using Fashion GPS
- Assist PR assistant and and Junior PR assistant with media sample and image requests when needed
- Work with the Junior PR assistant to maintain the media contact database
- Other reasonable duties as required by the company
We'd like to meet...
Education, Skills and Experience
- Studying towards a qualification in a related field, or able to demonstrate a keen interest in fashion PR.
- Numerate: at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working within a fashion PR team or in the fashion industry
- Ablility to use Word, Excel, internet and email software packages and standard office equipment
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Able to set up systems to organise and manage administrative work
Attitude and Understanding
- A genuine love of fashion and digital
- Keen interest in fashion, the digital landscape and e-retail
- Keen interest in media across the spectrum
- Hard working and self motivated
- Flexible with a can do attitude
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
Please click here to apply via the ASOS careers website.