Salary: £26,052 to £30,175
The University of Surrey is amongst the highest achieving universities in the UK, ranked top 10 consistently in most UK league tables. We are currently seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join our vibrant Marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work in the Higher Education sector alongside other talented Marketing professionals.
Under the guidance and direction of the Social Media Manager, you will be an ambassador for the brand by delivering engaging content and storytelling to our audiences, and supporting social media activities for key events and campaigns.
You will be up-to-date with social media best practices and have a passion for reporting the value of activity through data and monitoring. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, WeChat and Weibo are all examples of social media channels where the University is active and seeks to further its interests by means of audience engagement.
You will act as a social media advocate and will support the Social Media Manager’s engagement with other departments and teams to up-skill their knowledge of social media and ensure best practice and consistency across the University.
The successful candidate will have:
- A knowledge and passion for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as management tools such as Hootsuite
- Excellent IT skills including good level of Microsoft Office software, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) capabilities, and experience of using a social media monitoring tool
- Experience of writing posts and producing social media content for different purposes/audiences
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An interest in current affairs/news media and the HE sector
In addition to salary, you will receive a generous annual leave entitlement and excellent development opportunities. Benefits package includes generous salary package, award-winning pension scheme, child care assistance and discounted membership to our world-renown Surrey Sports Park.
Please click here to apply via the University of Surrey careers website.