Do you know how to get to the uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩?
Did you Google Translate plata o plomo?
Netflix is looking for a passionate entertainment fan to set and lead our social media marketing and communications strategy in the UK and Ireland.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Deeply knowledgeable about social media and entertainment. The manager will be tapped into emerging platforms, pop culture, aware of other successful campaigns and will have a vision for success in a competitive social landscape. As a member of our lean and agile team, the successful employee will be as comfortable firing off a humorous tweet as they are writing strategy and producing a major organic or paid campaign for the brand or a Netflix original title.
- Creative. Our social channels are one of the best tools we have to nurture relationships with members and make Netflix a brand people love so much they’d throw their pie for us. We need someone who can put forth big ideas, lead the creation of stunning creative and spot-on copy in support of new content, the Netflix product and the brand. The winning manager will also have a general awareness of broader PR and marketing, and will be responsible for integrating social media into campaigns from our counterparts in those departments.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in project management. The candidate will have experience working with agencies and freelancers and will have run successful campaigns for a major brand or entertainment property, either in house or at an agency.
- An adult. Every tweet is an official statement from the brand. Our winning candidate will have a deep understanding of the business context and will make intelligent decisions that benefit the long-term-value of the brand. The candidate will also represent the social team in regional markets and to other departments, working closely with Netflix marketing, PR, product, content licensing, customer service, and consumer insights. The manager will exhibit quick thinking, great calm, excellent taste and a good sense of humour.
- Fun. At the end of the day, we’re selling entertainment. The successful manager will be someone who loves TV and film more than sharks love blood, and can speak naturally about the entertainment business, buzzworthy new series and the latest Oscar bait, as well as understanding how to connect these with the national conversation in noteworthy and innovative ways.
The candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience working in a corporate, agency or studio setting focused on social media and digital marketing communications.
Please click here to apply via the Netflix careers website.